register_button

Korean War Memorial Unveiling, Weston, West Virginia - 24 Jun 2017

Korean War Memorial Unveiling

Weston, West Virginia - 24 Jun 2017

ABOUT THE MISSION:

The Patriot Guard Riders have been invited to participate in the unveiling of the Korean War Memorial at the Mountaineer Military Museum in Weston, WV on Saturday, 24 Jun 17.

Please join with us as we help our great friends at the Mountaineer Military Museum honor all of our brave men and women who fought in “The Forgotten War”.

PRIMARY STAGING DETAILS: 24 Jun 2017

Primary Staging Time: 0930 Hrs
    Staging will be at the Mountaineer Military Museum,
    345 Center Ave.
    Weston, West Virginia - 26452

Ride Captain:
    Joe Cumblidge
    304-534-1150

Special Instructions:
    Mission briefing at 0945.

Flag line will be in place NLT 1000 and maintained until 1100.
    Long range weather forecast is for a 60% chance of storms with temperatures in the mid-80’s. Please dress and travel according to the current conditions.

Flags & Water:
    Flags Will NOT Be Provided, Please Bring Your Own.
    Large Bike Flags will NOT be needed.
    Water WILL NOT be provided, please bring your own.

Submitted By: Delores Minear
    Position: State HOTH Coordinator

Note:
    You do not have to own/ride a motorcycle or be a Veteran to join and membership is Free. The only requirement is RESPECT! To join, simply go to www.PatriotGuard.org and click on Register. Membership is Free.

To subscribe to receive mission notices, log into the National Site and click on the Mission Tab at the top. Select Upcoming Missions by State. Scroll to the state(s) you would like to receive notices for and click on the green check mark. Detailed instructions are also located in the FAQs on the site by clicking on the Quick Links Tab and selecting FAQs.
    Last edited by Remagen; 06-17-2017 at 02:55 AM.
    USMC Veteran
    National Moderator Team

Ride Safely...........Stand Tall.
    S. Roger "Goose" Dollinger, SRC.
    U.S. Navy Veteran ('61-'65-'67)
    "Non Sibi Sed Patriae"

Ride Safe ........... I will be with you in spirit.

We do sincerely thank the owners of the Mountaineer Military Museum, Ron and Barb McVaney, for their tireless work in ensuring that none of our Heroes are ever forgotten for the sacrifices they made while defending our freedom and liberties. It will truly be our honor to participate in this unveiling.
    Respects,
    Joe
    "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." Elmer Davis

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem." ..... Ronald Reagan

Joe Cumblidge
    State Captain
    West Virginia Patriot Guard
    RM1 USCG 1969-80

304-834-1576 (H)
    304-534-1150 (C)

Montani semper liberi (Mountaineers are always free)

WVSC@patriotguard.org
    www.wvpatriotguard.org

Riding in silent Honor and Respect for my Mentor, Hero, my Best Friend and my Father, CPL Paul R. "Russ" Cumblidge, US Army WWII Veteran. I will miss you every day for the rest of my life. I love you, Dad.

Riding in silent Honor and Respect for my good friend, Bob Moyer, US Army 1974-77; US Coast Guard 1983-94; Bridgeville, DE Firefighter and Delaware State Captain.

In Memory of the crew of HU16E CGNR 2123, lost on SAR mission off Corpus Christi, TX on 21 September 1973:
    LCDR Francis W. Miller (CG Aviator #1164)
    LTJG Jerald M. Mack (CG Aviator #1567)
    AD1 Harold D. Brown, Jr.
    AM2 Benjamin R. Gaskins, Jr.
    AT2 John F. Harrison
    AT2 John P. Pledger

Ride safe. Sadly, I cannot be with you for this mission, but I will be with you in spirit. I Thank you for giving your time to make this mission a success and for all you do.
    We fought a revolution. We won the revolution. We wrote the Constitution.
    The constitution doesn’t grant power, it keeps the government off our backs.

Ron "Smokey" Wasmuth
    US Air Force 1962 - 1966
    Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 1040 (Life member), Vietnam Veterans of Brevard (Life member), American Legion Post 4 (Lakeland)

Ride safe, I will be there in spirit, God speed.
    ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL.

They may take my LIFE, but they will NEVER take my FREEDOM!

"It is accomplished by the few for the many - FREEDOM!" Harley Harrold

USN 1971-1975
    USAF 1975 - 2011 (Retired)

Aerospace Propulsion Systems Technician / Engine Trending & Diagnostics Technician / Wing Engine Manager.

Volunteer Fire Fighter for 16+ years.

Riding in memory of the Vietnam War, that it will NOT be repeated.

2007 HARLEY DAVIDSON FATBOY (Dragon Warrior)

Here be a DRAGON...from HOUSTON, TEXAS.

FREE MEN OWN GUNS, SLAVES DO NOT!

ENGLISH by birth, AMERICAN by choice, SOUTHERN by the grace of God.

Member of:

PGR of MS - PGR of Central Texas Region - VFW (Life Member) - Past Commander (2011-2012) VFW Post 79, Meridian, MS - Past Chairman & former member of the VFW Riders Meridian, MS (2009-2013) - American Legion - MRF - Gun Owners of America - NRA - III% - College Park United Methodist Church - National HOG (Life Member) - Meridian HOG Chapter London, England (Life Member) - I am a Full time biker [45+ years].

My Motto: "RIDE HARD OR STAY ON THE PORCH!"

Ride Safe!!!!
    "Eyes on the olive branch, but arrows at the ready."

Jim
    "mailman"
    US Army 1970 - 1972

On what began as a chilly, overcast Saturday morning, 6 members of the West Virginia Patriot Guard gathered in the small town of Weston to witness the unveiling of the Korean War Memorial at the Mountaineer Military Museum. We were soon joined by members of the Eight Eight Six Foundation and other PGR brothers who are so lovingly known as the "Misfits". Along with other proud Mountaineers, we all gathered with one purpose in mind. That being to help ensure the brave men and women of our Armed Services who gladly and willingly fought in "The Forgotten War" would always be remembered.

As God can so easily do, the Heavens opened and the overcast skies were replaced with brilliant sunshine. We all stood, with flags waving, along with the residents of Weston and, no doubt, surrounding communities as Barb McVaney, museum curator, spoke to all in attendance prior to the unveiling. It was our privilege to see two Veterans from that war be the ones who were asked to perform that respectful act.

I'd like to thank each and every one of you who took the time from your busy lives, on a day that started out to be less than promising, weather wise, to come out and witness this beautiful unveiling. I would also like to thank PGR members, Barb and Ron McVaney, for their tireless efforts in maintaining the Mountaineer Military Museum, helping to ensure that the service and sacrifices of our native sons are never forgotten. But, on this day especially, we all say "Thank you for your service" to the hundreds of thousands of brave men and women who so willingly answered our Nation's call to arms to help slow the spread of Communism in "The Forgotten War". That service and sacrifice will be remembered forever!
    Respects,
    Joe
    "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." Elmer Davis

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem." ..... Ronald Reagan

Joe Cumblidge
    State Captain
    West Virginia Patriot Guard
    RM1 USCG 1969-80

304-834-1576 (H)
    304-534-1150 (C)

Montani semper liberi (Mountaineers are always free)

WVSC@patriotguard.org
    www.wvpatriotguard.org

Riding in silent Honor and Respect for my Mentor, Hero, my Best Friend and my Father, CPL Paul R. "Russ" Cumblidge, US Army WWII Veteran. I will miss you every day for the rest of my life. I love you, Dad.

Riding in silent Honor and Respect for my good friend, Bob Moyer, US Army 1974-77; US Coast Guard 1983-94; Bridgeville, DE Firefighter and Delaware State Captain.

In Memory of the crew of HU16E CGNR 2123, lost on SAR mission off Corpus Christi, TX on 21 September 1973:
    LCDR Francis W. Miller (CG Aviator #1164)
    LTJG Jerald M. Mack (CG Aviator #1567)
    AD1 Harold D. Brown, Jr.
    AM2 Benjamin R. Gaskins, Jr.
    AT2 John F. Harrison
    AT2 John P. Pledger

Thread Information