Mark D. "The Wizard" Tilkens, Veteran

USCG

Spencer, Wisconsin - 03 Jun 2017

ABOUT THE MISSION:

Mark D. Tilkens (The Wizard) 68, born in Green Bay, WI passed away Wednesday November 2, 2016. Mark served in the U.S. Coast Guard from 1967-1971. Mark married August 20, 2011.

Mark asked that there be no funeral but a Celebration of his life at a later date so here we go.

The first time I met Mark was at a service where we had a request to take the friend of the fallen to the cemetery on a bike holding the remains. I asked for volunteers and told them to stand by their bikes and I told the woman to find a bike her sweetie would like and she picked Wizards (she really liked the name aka license plate). I asked if he was sure and he said it was an honor. She went into the church and asked “Nervous?” Wizard said, “Hell yes!!” Mark loved riding his motorcycle. He was especially proud that day.

PRIMARY STAGING DETAILS: 03 Jun 2017

Primary Staging Time: 2:00 P.M.
Lonley Few M/C Camp
N11098 Sandhill Ave.
Spencer, Wisconsin -

Ride Captain:
Eileen Fox - weenfox@gmail.com

Special Instructions:
This is a casual gathering. Arrive at 2:00 we may be able to establish a flag line before the service at 4:00

Flags & Water:
Flags Will Be Provided
Large Bike Flags will NOT be needed.
Water WILL NOT be provided, please bring your own.

Submitted By: John Curran
Position: State Captain

Note:
You do not have to own/ride a motorcycle or be a Veteran to join and membership is Free. The only requirement is RESPECT! To join, simply go to www.PatriotGuard.org and click on Register. Membership is Free.

To subscribe to receive mission notices, log into the National Site and click on the Mission Tab at the top. Select Upcoming Missions by State. Scroll to the state(s) you would like to receive notices for and click on the green check mark. Detailed instructions are also located in the FAQs on the site by clicking on the Quick Links Tab and selecting FAQs.