Burton K. Bennett, Sr., Veteran
Greensboro, North Carolina - 21 Apr 2017
ABOUT THE MISSION:
We once again have been requested to stand for Mr. Bennett and his family. Mr. Bennett was in the US Army from 1946-1948. While Burt served in the Army he was a radio operator and parachutist with the 11th Airborne Division in occupied Japan, then graduated from University of South Carolina, and was a member of Pi Kappa Phi. Burt enjoyed a long and wonderful life, especially in the early days of Shagging at North Myrtle Beach, SC. He also was inducted in the Shag Hall of Fame in 1995, and his picture and words about shagging can be found among other members at the OD Resort in NMB. Burt was a private pilot for many years and immensely enjoyed golf, bird watching, traveling, and bridge tournaments. He was 89 years old. Family and friends will truly miss Mr. Bennett.
So please let's show the family in what we do best as Brothers and Sisters of the PGR. Thanks.
PRIMARY STAGING DETAILS: 21 Apr 2017
- Primary Staging Time: 1:00 P.M.
- First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
1900 W. Market Street
- Greensboro, North Carolina - 27403
- Ride Captain:
- William "Bear" MacDonald
- Special Instructions:
- This is a One Day Mission: At 1:15 pm briefing will be conducted and right after the briefing we will establish a flag line for Mr. Bennett, family, and friends. This will be a flag line only Once the services starts at 2 pm we will stand down and once the service is over Mr. Bennett's cremains will be placed in a Columbarium on the church property.
- Flags & Water:
- Flags Will Be Provided
- Large Bike Flags will NOT be needed.
- Water WILL NOT be provided, please bring your own.
Submitted By: William MacDonald
Position: Ride Captain
You do not have to own/ride a motorcycle or be a Veteran to join and membership is Free. The only requirement is RESPECT! To join, simply go to www.PatriotGuard.org and click on Register. Membership is Free.
To subscribe to receive mission notices, log into the National Site and click on the Mission Tab at the top. Select Upcoming Missions by State. Scroll to the state(s) you would like to receive notices for and click on the green check mark. Detailed instructions are also located in the FAQs on the site by clicking on the Quick Links Tab and selecting FAQs.