register_button

Robert "Bob" N. Kelly, Vietnam Veteran/Firefighter (Ret), Lansing, MI, 23 JAN 09

Robert N. "Bob" Kelly Decorated 189th AHC Viet Nam Veteran and Firefighter 23 January 09

Robert N. "Bob" Kelly passed away on Jan. 16,2009 at the age of 67. Born March 26, 1941 in Lansing, MI. Robert graduated from Lansing Eastern High School in 1960.

Robert served with honor in Vietnam with the 189th Assault Helicopter Co., earning a Distinguished Service Medal and an Air Medal, subsequently becoming a member of the Vietnam Veterans of America and VFW 6132.

He served with the Lansing Fire Department for 33 years, during which he was awarded a Medal of Valor by the Board of Fire Commissioners after rescuing an unconscious victim from a burning building in a truly unselfish act of bravery. Robert retired from the LFD as Battalion Chief in 1997.

The 189th AHC web-site http://www.189thahc.org/reunion_attendies.html

Staging Location:

Christ Lutheran Church
    122 S Pennsylvania Ave,
    Lansing, MI

MAP: http://tinyurl.com/ChristLutheranChurch-Lansing

Staging Times
    11:45 AM - 12:45 p.m
    Briefing 12:45 p.m.
    Flag line from 12:55 - 2:00 p.m.
    Flag line from end of funeral 3:00ish until the procession departs.

Watch for flags!!!
    Please bring your own 3x5 flags.
    Dress accordingly for weather.

Ride Captains: Marine MIke, Pokey,

Per Mike Welsh Regional Ride Captain/
    Sam Cottle State Captain

--
    Standing For Those Who Stand For Us!
    Sam Cottle

twojrts

"You may die with nothing, but if you have brought a rainbow into somebody else's life, your mission is complete." Wolfman

RE: SHORT NOTICE - Robert "Bob" N. Kelly, Vietnam Veteran/Firefighter (Ret), Lansing, MI, 23 JAN 09

God Bless Robert "Bob" N. Kelly, family and friends. My sincere and heartfelt condolences to the family and friends. Thank you for your service and sacrifice great warrior. I pray the lord takes you into his Kingdom and may you rest in peace. You will not be forgotten "A True American Hero"! I Salute You Sir! I will be standing there in Spirit with my fellow brothers & sisters.

Dave
    Lord Jesus help me as I mourn, comfort me with the knowledge of your love which is stronger than death. Enable me to trust you for the future of my love ones and myself. Help me to cast all of my care on you, knowing that the grave holds no power over those who trust in you. Amen.

RE: SHORT NOTICE - Robert "Bob" N. Kelly, Vietnam Veteran/Firefighter (Ret), Lansing, MI, 23 JAN 09

I offer my deepest condolences to the family and friends of Robert "Bob" N. Kelly for the loss of this TRUE AMERICAN WAR HERO who will not be forgotten. May you rest in the arms of our Lord forever free in heaven.
    ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL.

They may take my LIFE, but they will NEVER take my FREEDOM!

"It is accomplished by the few for the many - FREEDOM!" Harley Harrold

USN 1971-1975
    USAF 1975 - 2011 (Retired)

Aerospace Propulsion Systems Technician / Engine Trending & Diagnostics Technician / Wing Engine Manager.

Volunteer Fire Fighter for 16+ years.

Riding in memory of the Vietnam War, that it will NOT be repeated.

2007 HARLEY DAVIDSON FATBOY (Dragon Warrior)

Here be a DRAGON...from HOUSTON, TEXAS.

FREE MEN OWN GUNS, SLAVES DO NOT!

ENGLISH by birth, AMERICAN by choice, SOUTHERN by the grace of God.

Member of:

PGR of MS - PGR of Central Texas Region - VFW (Life Member) - Past Commander (2011-2012) VFW Post 79, Meridian, MS - Past Chairman & former member of the VFW Riders Meridian, MS (2009-2013) - American Legion - MRF - Gun Owners of America - NRA - III% - College Park United Methodist Church - National HOG (Life Member) - Meridian HOG Chapter London, England (Life Member) - I am a Full time biker [45+ years].

My Motto: "RIDE HARD OR STAY ON THE PORCH!"

My sincere condolences and prayers to family and friends of Robert "Bob" N. Kelly, U.S. Army / Vietnam Veteran / Firefighter Retired. Mr. Kelly, I am forever grateful for your service to our country. Your service and sacrifices will not be forgotten. You are a "TRUE AMERICAN HERO". May you Forever Rest in Peace.

Junius Henry
    U.S. Army (Medic) Retired
    PGR #10094

Virginia Beach. District 5 Hampton Roads Ride Captain

Our heartfelt condolences and prayers go out to this Vietnam Veterans/Firefighter (Ret), family and friends. God Bless Robert "Bob" N. Kelly. Thank you for your sacrifice to this great Nation of ours.
    banditbob
    Robert K. Reynolds
    District 5 Hampton Roads
    Ride Captin Virginia Beach Va.

US Army, Armor
    3AD 1/32 Armor "Bandits" 1972 to 1976
    (the original Bandits)

Indian Cove RV Resort, Board of Directors.

Disabled American Veterans

Association United States Army (AUSA)

The Retired Enlisted Association, member TREA

1st Cav. Div. 2/5 Black Knights, Armor

Our debt to the Heroic men and Valiant women in the service of our country can never be repaid . They have earned our undying gratitude. America will never forget their sacrifices
    (President Harry S. Truman)

During these days of many trials and tribulations that our land of the free are facing, let us remember to hold our heads up high in remembrance for those who gave their life for our freedom and those that are still in harms way for this cause. Pray for the brokenhearted and proclaim victory for those who are held captive. Lord, You are the light of the world and we declare You to be Lord over every nation. We know your light shines in darkness and the darkness does not always comprehend, but we also know You light will always prevail. Amen.
    Chaplin, Lorraine Richmond.

OLD BANDITS NEVER DIE, THEY JUST FADE AWAY

In Memory of my Dad,
    Frank Reynolds Sr. SSG USAAF
    Window/Tail Gunner B-17, WWII

My sincere condolences go out to the family and friends of "Bob" Kelly. I salute you Sir and may you rest in peace. Stand down your tour is done and thank you for your service to this great country, and to the people of Lansing.
    (I was born and raised in Owosso and many times "visited" friends at Eastern)
    Jeff Coon, MSgt, USAF (Retired)
    1975-1999
    Tactical Crewchief
    "Concrete Commando"

Riding In Memory of:
    SP4 James Arthur Loux
    458TH TRANS CO, 92ND MP BN, 89TH MP GROUP, 18TH MP BDE, USARV
    Army of the United States
    Owosso, Michigan
    February 10, 1950 to April 05, 1971 (KIA)
    American Hero, Patriot, Friend

Thank you Robert "Bob" N. Kelly, for Defending this Great Nation, so we can enjoy the freedom we now have, you will not be forgotten. Our prayers are with the family and friends of this Great American Hero! Ride Safe PGR Brothers & Sisters!

My deepest condolences go out to the family and friends. May the Lord give you strength and bring you peace in this time of sorrow. Bob; Welcome Home Brother and thank you for your service to our great country.
    So receive him in the Lord with all joy; and honor such men. Philippians 2--29

My sincere condolences to the family and friends of US Army Vietnam Veteran/Firefighter Robert "Bob" N. Kelly. Rest In Peace Hero.
    "Eyes on the olive branch, but arrows at the ready."

Jim
    "mailman"
    US Army 1970 - 1972

Our most sincere condolences to the family and friends of Bob Kelly.
    Granny Red
    Wife of USAF Vietnam Vet 68-69,
    Volunteer Fire Fighter,
    and PGR Chip (Dragonmaster) Foster

In loving memory of our son, Kirk Foster 1966-2003

"We pray that God will visit that empty place inside your heart where tears are born, and give you comfort, and a rock to cling to in the storms this tragedy has brought."

Ride Captain

My sincere condolences to the Family and Friends of Robert "Bob" N. Kelly, Vietnam Veteran/Firefighter (Ret), I pray God will give you comfort in your time of sorrow. I am grateful for Robert "Bob" N. Kelly's, service to our Great Nation and greatly appreciate Him for my freedom. Robert "Bob" N. Kelly, You are a true American Hero and will not be forgotten. Stand down Soldier, Your mission is complete. Job Well Done. May our Heavenly Father welcome You home to rest.

Know You Are Loved
    "The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you".

Larry "Sir Bear" & "Queen Mary" Sanderson

sirbear@live.com
    770-500-6895

North Georgia Ride Captain

U.S Navy Vietnam - 66/67
    USS Franklin D. Roosevelt CVA 42
    Blue Star Dad
    Patriot Guard Rider
    VFW Post 5290, Conyers
    GVVA Post 5,Conyers

Riding In Memory of my Great Grand Father, John Perry Sanderson, Texas Cavalry Regiment, Civil War. Father, PO1 Weldon A. Sanderson, WWII USN, Pacific Fleet. And in Honor of my Son, US Army SFC Michael W. Sanderson, Gulf, 2x Iraq, and Mt. Sinai, Egypt. Now serving this Nation Proudly in Fort Stewart, Georgia.

National
    Guardian Angel

Thank you for my freedom Mr Kelly. May you rest in peace.

“Some people’s lives can truly make a difference however long or short their lives on earth. They give the gifts of kindness and of caring. They sow the seeds of friendship and self-worth. Some people’s lives are beautiful examples of putting others first, and when they are gone, the lives of those they touched are so much richer, and the love they shared lives on and on.”
    Mike (SpyderRyder) Gregory
    Ride Captain
    Viet-Nam (1966-1967)
    US Navy (Retired)
    It's all about freedom!

Thank You Bob for your service to our country and the sacrifices you and your family have made. May God bless your family and strengthen them as you helped strengthen our Nation with your heroic deeds in its service.

You are a true American Hero.

“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord”. Romans 6:23

Riding in Memory of:

SFC M.J. Krug Jr.

United States Army- Retired

Vietnam Veteran – Cu Chi – ‘66/’67

Bronze Star / Purple Heart Recipient

B Co-2/27th

25th Infantry Division

Riding in Honor of:

Captain Roy Krug

United States Air Force – Retired

Captain Michael Krug

United States Army

…..And all who have served

God Bless America

No Emails
    Jacksonville, NC Eastern Region Senior Ride Captain

My family and I would like to offer our Most Sincere Condolences to the family and friends of Robert "Bob" N. Kelly, Vietnam Veteran/Firefighter (Ret), Lansing, MI,.

Thank you for your Service. You are and will remain a "TRUE AMERICAN HERO.

We will hold your family in our prayers.

GOD BLESS,
    Barry
    (EASY)
    Ride Safe and GOD BLESS,

BARRY (EASY) BERTOLINI
    PGR NC Eastern Region Senior Ride Captain

Email: barryb_28546 @yahoo.com

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want
    in...And how many want out. Only two defining forces have ever offered
    to die for you: Jesus Christ and the American Soldier..One died for our
    soul, the other for our freedom."

http://www.localendar.com/public/smilingsusan

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=64203511

To the family and friends of Robert "Bob" N. Kelly I wish to extend my deepest and sincere condolences for the loss of your loved one. As an Army Vietnam era veteran I salute you "Bob" and thank you for defending our country and our freedom during the Vietnam War and for your dedicated service as a Firefighter. You are truely an American Hero. Welcome home and may God grant you the rest and peace that you so rightfully deserve. Vaya con Dios my brother and rest in peace. You will be missed, but NEVER forgotten. Freedom is not free. The price is written on The Wall. I was not there, but I still care!

Hero Down - Kickstands Up
    One Nation Under God
    Willie Zamora - U.S. Army Europe - 1961-1964
    8th Infantry Division - 7th Howitzer Battalion
    16th Field Artillery - Baumholder, Germany
    Life Member AMVETS Post 113
    RFTW 2009 - 2010 - 2012
    Patriot Guard Riders
    American Legion Post 262
    American Legion Riders 262
    Riding in Honor of Spencer T. Karol KIA 10-6-03
    Riding in Memory of New Mexico Medal of Honor Recipients:
    Daniel Fernandez - Los Lunas
    Joe P. Martinez - Taos
    Alejandro R. Ruiz - Loving
    Jose F. Valdez - Governardor
    Louis Rocco - Albuquerque

My deepest sympathy and condolences to the family and friends of Robert "Bob" Kelly.

My sincere condolences to the family and friends of Robert N. Kelly. Thank you for your service and dedication. God bless you, and be with your family during this very difficult time. Rest in peace.

Our sincere condolences and heartfelt sympathies to the family and friends of Robert N. Kelly. Our thoughts and prayers are with you in this difficult time. May God bring you comfort and peace in the days ahead. Thank you Robert for your courage, dedication and sacrifices. Thank you for standing guard for our freedoms and those of others around the world. God Bless You. Rest easy Brother.
    "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13

De Oppresso Liber
    R.D. and Kay Winters
    U.S. Army (Ret) 1978-1998

In Memory of:
    L/Cpl Ronald Wayne Shields, P-39E/L-21, SVN, 13 Feb 68 (Uncle)

SFC Jonathan Tessar, Iraqi Freedom, 31 Oct 05 (Teammate, Friend, Brother)

James Kenneth Sinclair, Veteran, Motorcycle Accident, 16 Apr 04 (Kay's Dad)

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Pres. Theodore Roosevelt
    Paris, France
    23 Apr 1910

OUR DEEPEST SYMPATHY AND CONDOLENCES TO THE FAMILY AND FRIENDS OF VIETNAM VETERAN AND RETIRED BATTALION CHIEF LANSING FIRE DEPARTMENT ROBERT "BOB" N. KELLY (USA). OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU. WELCOME HOME ROBERT AND REST IN PEACE BROTHER. ROBERT AND JUANITA
    YOU ARE NEVER REALLY GONE UNTIL YOU ARE FORGOTTEN

ROBERT R PEARMAN
    US AIR FORCE 1961 - 1965
    AMERICAN LEGION
    VIETNAM VETERANS OF AMERICA
    PATRIOT GUARD RIDERS

My sincere condolences and heartfelt prayers for the family and friends of Bob. Thank you Mr Kelly for your service to our country in the Army and dedication as a Firefighter to your community. May you Rest in Peace...

My Sincere Condolences go out to Family and Friends of US Army, Vietnam Veteran/Firefigher (Ret), Robert "Bob" N. Kelly, Though you will be missed you will not be forgotten, Thank you for your Service. Rest in Peace and God be with you. “You Will Forever Be Remembered”

Bill Snelson (Billboy)
    US Army, Vietnam Veteran
    PGR Senior Ride Captain, Mentor
    Webster, Fl.

No Emails

My sincere condolences go out to the family and friends of Robert Kelly. I salute you Sir and may you rest in peace wrapped in the loving arms of God Almighty. Stand down your tour is done and thank you for your service to this great country.

Vietnam 67-68
    VFW Member
    Retired Deputy Sheriff (27 years)
    Christian Motorcyclists Association
    MOTS (Manatee’s Operation Troop Support)

Riding for POW/MIA’s - “You Are Not Forgotten”
    2008 Ride to the Wall (Rolling Thunder)

“When one American is not worth the effort to be found, we as Americans have lost.”

"For those that have fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know"

My heartfelt condolences and prayers to the family and friends of Veteran Bob Kelly. I am forever grateful to this hero for his service and sacrifices. May he rest in peace.
    Janet
    Retired Ride Captain

Riding: In honor of my husband, US Army Vet; and my Mother-in-law, WWII Vet.
    In memory of my Dad, Korea Vet; my Mom, patriotic citizen; and my Father-in-law, WWII Vet.

Today we mourn the loss of Robert "Bob" N. Kelly. He will forever be remembered for his courage and honor in defending our nation and his dedicated service to our country. Our sincerest condolences and prayers to his family during this difficult time. “God Bless You.”
    “Let us honor our country’s very best“.

"Don't Let The Memory Of Them Drift Away"

!!Freedom Is Not Free!!
    “YOU WILL FOREVER BE REMEMBERED”
    “AND NEVER BE FORGOTTEN”
    With Respect And Honor,

EasyE
    American Legion Riders Lewiston MI. Post 198
    Cpl.E4 USMC 59-63
    3rd. Mar.Div.1st.AMTrac Bn.
    Semper-Fi

My appreciation and condolences go out to the family and friends of Robert Kelly. Thank you Bob for your service to our nation and for the sacrafices you made along the way for the liberties of freedom. Rest Easy.

I would like to offer my sincere condolences to the family and friends of Vietnam veteran and Lansing Fire Dept Chief (ret), Robert N. "Bob" Kelly. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Bob, thank you for standing for our country and defending our freedoms and interests. Rest in peace sir. I salute you.
    satyr

Steve Roma
    USAF 1976 - 1980, TAC
    Dry Hill AFS, Watertown, NY
    Finland AFS, Finland, MN

We cherish too, the Poppy red
    That grows on fields where valor led,
    It seems to signal to the skies
    That blood of heroes never dies.
    - Moina Micheals - 1918
    "We Shall Keep the Faith"
    Inspired by the poem "In Flanders Field"

I’m so sorry to hear of the loss of Bob Kelly. My heartfelt condolences go out to all family and friends.

Thank You to a true hero who answered the call to duty, performing the selfless act of giving of oneself to serve their country. Thank You. THANK YOU.

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life wrote a blank check made payable to
    'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'
    That is Honor
    FOR THOSE WHO MAN THE BATTLE LINE,
    THE BUGLE WHISPERS LOW,
    AND FREEDOM HAS A TASTE AND PRICE,
    THE PROTECTED NEVER KNOW...

* * * * * * THE PRICE OF FREEDOM IS WRITTEN ON THE WALL * * * * * *

~~~~ Vietnam – ’67-’68 ~~~~~

Retired Senior Ride CaptainWWR Asst State RepLife Member of The Band Of BrothersUS Army Retired 23 Years

It is with heartfelt sorrow I send my condolences. I thank you my Brother for your service to our great nation and am honored to call you Brother. You are not and will never be forgotten. We all know the price of freedom and it is heroes like you that have kept this country free and safe. You will forever belong to The Band of Brothers. God Bless you!!!!
    Rest easy Soldier, your mission is complete.
    Philip C. De Mello
    SFC, USA, RET

Warrior Watch Riders
    Assistant Florida
    State Rep.

Retired PGR
    Senior Ride Captain
    Northwest Florida

Life Member of
    The Band of Brothers

Member of Post 382
    American Legion Riders

BACA

Riding in Memory of:

SGT Len B. Keller, Vietnam, MOH 10/18/09 Friend

SP4 Robert B. De Mello, Vietnam, KIA 6/3/67,

CPL Clyde L De Mello 101st ABN, Vietnam, KIA 2/9/68,

SP4 Brian J. De Mello 101st ABN, Vietnam, KIA 9/18/69,

Sgt. Maj. Larry Strickland, US Army, Died 9/11/01 Pentagon, Dear Friend

PFC Seth M. Stanton IRAQ, KIA 12/16/06, Nephew

Maj Ben F, Taylor, US Army, IRAQ, Died 1990, Very Dear Friend

S1C Charles C. Sevier USS Arizona, KIA 12/7/41. Uncle

Riding in honor of:

SP4 Manuel De Mello, 198th Inf, Vietnam. Brother

SGT Michael Sharger, USMC, Vietnam, Cousin

PFC Michael Jones, 1st AD, IRAQ, Son-in-Law

SP4 Philip M. De Mello, Desert Shield/Storm. Son

CPO Manuel Silva, USN, WW2, Uncle.

CPO Serifen Silva, USN, WW2, Uncle.

SFC John Silva 8th Army AirCorps, WW2, Uncle.

SP4 Donald W. Rhea, US Army, Brother-in-Law.

John Silva, USAF, Vietnam, Cousin.

SGT Joseph Silva, US Army, Cousin.

PFC Louis Sharger, US Army, Vietnam, Cousin.

SFC Eddie D. Clemmer, US Army, IRAQ, Friend

1SG Buck Calloway, US Army, IRAQ, Friend

Our sincere condolences to the family and friends of Robert "Bob" N. Kelly, Vietnam Veteran and firefighter (Ret). May God help you though this difficult time and sorrow. He is
    one of America's Heroes that will NEVER be forgotten.

Rest Safely and Securely in God's Loving Arms, Robert.

Going home, going home,

I'm just going home.

Quiet-like, slip away-

I'll be going home.

It's not far, just close by;

Jesus is the Door;

Work all done, laid aside,

Fear and grief no more.

Friends are there, waiting now.

He is waiting, too.

See His smile! See His hand!

He will lead me through.

Morning
    Star lights the way;

Restless dream all done;

Shadows gone, break of day,

Life has just begun.

Every tear wiped away,

Pain and sickness gone;

Wide awake there with Him!

Peace goes on and on!

Going home, going home,

I'll be going home.

See the Light! See the Sun!

I'm just going home.

http://lnwbooks.com/data/mp3/15.mp3
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: 1. Jesus Christ. 2. The American G.I. One died for your soul, the other for your Freedom.

In Memory of Jon Dreymann 08-13-09 WWR NRC Who left us way too soon. Farvel min venn.

My deepest, heartfelt condolences to the Family and Friends of this Veteran. Thank you for your service to our country. May you rest in Honored, Eternal Peace.

Ride safe my Brothers and Sisters, I will be with you all in Spirit as you Stand in Respect for this True American Hero.
    Colonel Joan "PGRLabLuvr" Colosimo
    Kentucky Colonel

Southwest Florida Blue Star Mothers of America Member
    USAF - MSgt Jennifer "Apple" McIntosh and her husband, MSgt(R) Mark "Mac" McIntosh - Scott AFB
    USA - CW3 Dominic Sutherland - Korea

Standing the Flagline...

In Memory of:
    My Father - James R. Colosimo, SP5, Army, '57 - '63

Throughout the centuries there were men who took first steps, down new roads, armed with nothing but their own vision. ~Ayn Rand

Thread Information