Wayne Eric Meyers, Veteran
USA – Vietnam
Altoona, Wisconsin – 06-20-20
ABOUT THE MISSION:
Wayne E. Meyers, age 81 of Eau Claire, WI died Sunday, June 14, 2020 at his home. Wayne was born May 30, 1939 to Helmer Meyers and Edith Bowman in Eau Claire. He graduated from River Falls High School, after which he served in the United States Army. Most of his duty was in Germany and he was also in Vietnam in the early days. He married on October 14, 1961. Wayne was a Life Member of VFW Post 7232.
PRIMARY STAGING DETAILS: 06-20-20
Staging Time: 11:00 AM
Stokes Prock & Mundt Funeral Chapel
535 S. Hillcrest Pkwy
Pastor Greg Stenzel
Staging 11:00 a.m.
Visitation 12:00 – 2:00
Escort to burial
In accordance with current policy:
1. We will not be indoors in proximity to family or visitors.
2. The Ride Captain may present the plaque and dog tags to the family privately. No other members will assist or attend.
3. ALL members MUST wear a face mask over mouth and nose at all times from the time they dismount or leave their vehicle until they depart. Failure to follow this will result in being asked to leave the mission.
4. We ask that the family and friends maintain a safe distance of 8 – 10 feet at all times (therefore we cannot line the immediate entry area or open doors).
5. We may participate in an escort maintaining a safe distance.
6. We may pre-establish a flag line at the burial / interment site not less than 20 feet away from the expected family and friends area and not closer than 10 feet from an adjacent flag.
7. I ask each member to make sure they have a mask with them at all times as well as hand sanitizer and possibly gloves (laundered between each mission).
Flags & Water:
Flags will be provided
If you have large bike flags, please bring them.
Water WILL NOT be provided, please bring your own.
Submitted By: John Curran
Position: Wisconsin State Captain
Note: You do not have to own/ride a motorcycle or be a veteran to join, and membership is Free. The only requirement is RESPECT! To subscribe to receive mission notices, log into the National Site and click on the Members tab at the top. Select the Subscribe to PGR Missions option.
Print This Page