Killeen, Texas – 12-07-19
ABOUT THE MISSION:
We will be there to support and send off the Gold Star Families participating in this year’s Snowball Express.
PRIMARY STAGING DETAILS: 12-07-19
Staging Time: 6:10am
The south gate of the Killeen-Fort Hood Regional Airport,
located at the intersection of Reese Creek and Okalla Roads at the SW corner of Browns Cemetery.
Killeen, Texas 76549
Holly “Holler” Melendez;
Thomas “Sleepy” Weideman;
1. Be at staging ON TIME and NO WEAPONS
2. Due to Security Procedures, the only vehicle allowed in the gate will be the flag truck. When the flag truck drives in, members will be allowed to walk in on the tarmac and if you need, you may stay/sit at/on the flag truck. Once we are on the tarmac and the gate is closed, entry will be allowed only through the gate inside the Airport. Using the inside gate will require you to go through standard security checks. Be prepared to remove your shoes, etc.
3. We will establish a flagline/corridor on the tarmac for the families to walk through on their way to the aircraft. Departure time is scheduled for 0715.
4. This is not a sullen occasion, so Christmas attire, clapping, cheering, handshaking and hugging IS encouraged as the families pass us!5.
5. Remember, the tarmac can get VERY windy!
Flags & Water:
Flags will be provided
Large Bike Flags will NOT be needed.
Water will be provided.
Submitted By: Holly Melendez
Position: Texas Ride Captain
Note: You do not have to own/ride a motorcycle or be a veteran to join, and membership is Free. The only requirement is RESPECT! To subscribe to receive mission notices, log into the National Site and click on the Members tab at the top. Select the Subscribe to PGR Missions option.
Print This Page