Robert “Bob” Stephenson , Veteran
USA – Vietnam
Appleton, Wisconsin 03-20-21
ABOUT THE MISSION:
Robert “Bob” Clyde Stephenson, age 73, of Appleton, passed away peacefully at his home, surrounded by his family, on March 3. Bob was born on October 23, 1947 in Appleton, WI to Clyde and Elayne Stephenson. Bob graduated in1965 from Appleton High School and then proudly served his country in the U.S. Army from 1967 to 1969. During that time he served in the 82nd Airborne, followed by the 101st Airborne in Vietnam from 1968-1969. During his service in Vietnam, he earned three bronze stars for his courage and bravery. He continued to serve by volunteering for multiple veteran organizations such as the Military Veterans Museum in Oshkosh, Veterans Court of Outagamie County, and was a member of the VFW, Vietnam Veterans of America (VVA), and the American Legion. Bob met the love of his life, Martha Vanderhyden, they were married September 26, 1970 and recently celebrated 50 years of marriage.
PRIMARY STAGING DETAILS: 03-20-21
Staging Time: 09:00
Calvary Chapel-Newberry Street
2136 East Newberry Street
Larry Cavanaugh email@example.com,
Staging 9:00 a.m.
Visitation 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Service 12:00 p.m.
1. We will not be in proximity to family or visitors.
2. The Ride Captain may present the plaque and dog tags to the family privately. No other members will assist or attend.
3. ALL members MUST wear a face mask over mouth and nose at all times from the time they dismount or leave their vehicle until they depart. Members may remove masks if they are more than 8 feet from anyone else but must have it in place should anyone approach. Failure to follow this will result in being ordered to leave the mission.
4. We ask that the family and friends maintain a safe distance of 8 – 10 feet at all times (therefore we cannot line the immediate entry area or open doors).
5. We may participate in an escort maintaining a safe distance.
6. We may pre-establish a flag line at the burial / interment site not less than 20 feet away from the expected family and friends area and not closer than 10 feet from an adjacent flag.
7. I ask each member to make sure they have a mask with them at all times as well as hand sanitizer and possibly gloves (laundered between each mission).I have reviewed this policy with National and have their agreement that failure to follow this is not only a violation of the trust of the people we serve but jeopardizes the health and safety of all involved. Any person who does not wish to follow this policy should refrain from attending any mission. I am directing the Ride Captains to report any member who violates this policy. Any member violating this policy will be removed immediately and permanently from the Patriot Guard Riders.
Flags & Water:
Flags will be provided
Large Bike Flags will NOT be needed.
Water WILL NOT be provided, please bring your own.
Submitted By: John Curran
Position: Wisconsin State Captain
Note: You do not have to own/ride a motorcycle or be a veteran to join, and membership is Free. The only requirement is RESPECT! To subscribe to receive mission notices, log into the National Site and click on the Members tab at the top. Select the Subscribe to PGR Missions option.
Print This Page