John Matrise, Veteran
USA – WWII
Union Grove, Wisconsin – 09-23-20
ABOUT THE MISSION:
One of the Greatest Generation, John Matrise, passed away on July 21st, 2020. John was 100 years old and a proud veteran who served with General George Patton. John served in the US Army during WWII in the European Theater on medical transport aircraft. He served in Africa, Italy, France, Germany and Belgium evacuating the wounded to rear area hospitals. John achieved the rank of Staff Sargent in the Army Air Corps and served from December 11, 1941 until June 25th, 1945. In 1944, 18.2% of all Army casualties were evacuated by plane. John was proud to be a part of the beginning of a new era in military medical care. A great summary of the start of Air Evac can be found in John’s memorial here: http://www.warbirdinformationexchange.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=71944
PRIMARY STAGING DETAILS: 09-23-20
Staging Time: 9:00am
Southern Wisconsin Veterans Memorial Cemetery
Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs
21731 Spring Street
Union Grove, Wisconsin
Tom Sberna firstname.lastname@example.org
.Visitation 10:00 a.m.
Service 10:30 a.m.
Mission Policy – Covid-19
1. We will not be indoors in proximity to family or visitors
.2. The Ride Captain will present the plaque and dog tags to the family privately.
3. No other members will assist or attend.
4. All members must wear a face mask over mouth and nose at all times from the time they dismount or leave their vehicle until they depart.
5. Members may remove masks if they are more than 8 feet from anyone else but must have it in place should anyone approach. Failure to follow this will result in being ordered to leave the mission.
6. We have asked that the family and friends maintain a safe distance of 8 – 10 feet at all times (therefore we cannot line the immediate entry area or open doors).
7. I ask each member to make sure they have a mask with them at all times as well as hand sanitizer and possibly gloves (laundered between each mission). I have reviewed this policy with National and have their agreement that failure to follow this is not only a violation of the trust of the people we serve but jeopardizes the health and safety of all involved. Any person who does not wish to follow this policy should refrain from attending any mission. Any member violating this policy will be removed immediately and permanently from the Patriot Guard Riders.
Flags & Water:
Flags will be provided
Large Bike Flags will NOT be needed.
Water WILL NOT be provided, please bring your own.
Submitted By: John Curran
Position: Wisconsin State Captain
Note: You do not have to own/ride a motorcycle or be a veteran to join, and membership is Free. The only requirement is RESPECT! To subscribe to receive mission notices, log into the National Site and click on the Members tab at the top. Select the Subscribe to PGR Missions option.
Print This Page