James “Jim” Ellis, Retired
USAF – Vietnam
Newport News / Hampton, Virginia – 11-21-20
ABOUT THE MISSION:
The Patriot Guard Riders will honor the life and service of Air Force veteran, SMSGT James H. Ellis who was born in Warwick, RI in 1949. James 71, and passed on November 8, 2020. Jim joined the United States Air Force after high school and served in Vietnam flying “Blind Bat” missions over the Ho Chi Min trail. He completed numerous statewide assignments to include five years in the Special Air Missions at Andrews Air Force Base where he served as an usher at President Reagan’s 2nd inauguration. He served in Canada, Germany and several temporary assignments throughout Europe. Jim held several jobs after retiring from the Air Force but found his true calling as a volunteer EMT and full time deputy sheriff for Middlesex County where he retired at the rank of Lieutenant. Jim is survived by; his sister, two sons, a daughter and his Mother-in-law. Jim also has 10 grandchildren, 5 great grandchildren, two nephews, numerous cousins and good friends.Obituary: Obit Link
PRIMARY STAGING DETAILS: 11-21-20
Staging Time: 10:30 am
Menchville Baptist Church,
248 Menchville Road
Newport News, Virginia 23602
Mike “Handlebar” Nugent, firstname.lastname@example.org, 757-327-8281
William “AtSix” Johnson, email@example.com, 757) 642-0747
Robert “Falcon” Sexton, firstname.lastname@example.org, 757) 478-3275
• Brief: 10:45 am
• KSU: 11:15 am – to Hampton Memorial Gardens, 155 Butler Farm Rd, Hampton, VA 23666
• Service: 12:00 – with Military Honors
• This is a multi-city mission.
• We will establish a flag line at the cemetery and provide Military Honors.
• All COVID-19 protocols are in effect and shall be followed in accordance with the CDC and Governors mandates and all social distancing guidelines will be followed.
• No one will approach the family, with the exception of the listed Ride Captain.
• All questions concerning this mission should be directed to the listed Ride Captains.
• Ensure your flag and flag mounts are capable of highway speeds.
Flags & Water:
Flags will be provided
If you have large bike flags, please bring them.
Water WILL NOT be provided, please bring your own.
Submitted By: Mike Nugent
Position: Virginia Ride Captain
Note: You do not have to own/ride a motorcycle or be a veteran to join, and membership is Free. The only requirement is RESPECT! To subscribe to receive mission notices, log into the National Site and click on the Members tab at the top. Select the Subscribe to PGR Missions option.
Print This Page