Abraham Blaine Dikes, Veteran
USA – WoT
Pinetop/Lakeside, Arizona – 06-10-20
ABOUT THE MISSION:
Abe served almost 6 years in the US Army as an Infantryman, having attained the rank of Sergeant. During his service Abe served 1 year/3 months in Afghanistan. Among his other awards are the Afghanistan Campaign Medal with 2 campaign stars, Army Commendation Medal, Army Achievement Medal, Global War on Terrorism Medal, Combat Infantryman’s Badge, NATO medal, and Overseas Service Ribbon. After his discharge, Abe continued to serve his fellow veterans as a member of VFW Post 2364 in Pinetop. Abe recently passed just one month shy of his 37th birthday. Surviving Abe are his mother and sister
PRIMARY STAGING DETAILS: 06-10-20
Staging Time: 10:00
Pinetop/Lakeside Veterans Memorial off of SR-260 (White Mountain Blvd) between Jackson Lane to the north & John L Fish Lane to the south. Pinetop/Lakeside, Arizona 85929
10:30 – Briefing
10:45- Flag Line
11 AM – Military Honors
Flag Captain: John Martin
PARKING: On the west side of Church Lane (on the shoulder, off of the street). There is also a parking lot on the west side of the park that is paved. That lot is next to the Magistrate Judge Building (behind the Lakeside Police Department). 1360 N. Niels Hansen Lane, Lakeside 85929. URL: bit.ly/2UZZGmg
SPECIAL NOTE: Special Note: Following CDC guidelines and directions from PGR National & our State Captain, the following precautions need to be followed:
- If you feel ill or have a temperature, please stay home. We will see you again when you are better.
- If you have COPD, other respiratory issues, or other medical conditions that make you a high risk we ask that you consider continuing to stand down until conditions improve considerably.
- Please have a face mask/face covering with you that covers both the mouth & nose. During the mission you will be informed where/if/when it needs to be worn.
- No handshakes or hugs for greetings and goodbyes – elbow bump is okay.
- Upon returning the flags to the FC please help wipe/spray the poles with the provided disinfectant.
- Maintain a six-foot separation when standing the flag line. Greater space is needed from the service members; wish them well with distance.
- Wash hands before, during (as practical), and after the mission.
Flags & Water:
Flags will be provided
Large Bike Flags will NOT be needed.
Water will be provided.
Submitted By: John Moffitt
Position: Arizona Assistant State Captain
Note: You do not have to own/ride a motorcycle or be a veteran to join, and membership is Free. The only requirement is RESPECT! To subscribe to receive mission notices, log into the National Site and click on the Members tab at the top. Select the Subscribe to PGR Missions option.
Print This Page